nanog mailing list archives

Re: Comcast Support (from NANOG Digest, Vol 84, Issue 23)

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:46:52 -0800

I can assure you AT&T and Verizon have done equally bizarre, stupid, and annoying things.

Owen

On Feb 25, 2015, at 05:10 , Kain, Rebecca (.) <bkain1 () ford com> wrote:

No, it was Comcast. In December, it was to get him to pay his bill.  In January, it was the same and in a chat with
their support, they confirmed it's my Ford number on his account, but it's a guy's account and not at Ford's world
headquarters, of course.  They said they'd take my number off, which they didn't do.  yesterday, they called to get
their equipment back and I lost it on them.  I had a support chat, then this post, then they answered my live
journal, then "executive support" called me to confirm they were removing my phone number.  I only really was
concerned because my medical records were stolen and sold, a few years ago, so my social, and old DL and my ford
phone number, were in there.

They lost what could have been a potential customer by harassing me.  if I had been stealing the service, calling me
would not have helped but since I wasn't, they just pissed off a uverse (and potential future) Comcast client