nanog mailing list archives

Re: draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-ipv6-16

From: Tim Durack <tdurack () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 09:00:07 -0500

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 6:39 AM, Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi> wrote:

On (2015-02-19 11:06 -0500), Tim Durack wrote:

What is the chance of getting working code this decade? I would quite
like
to play with this new fangled IPv6 widget...

(Okay, I'd like to stop using IPv4 for infrastructure. LDP is the last
piece for me.)

Is there 4PE implementation to drive IPv4 edges, shouldn't be hard to
accept
IPv6 next-hop in BGP LU, but probably does not work out-of-the-box?
Isn't Segment Routing implementation day1 IPV4+IPV6 in XR?

--
  ++ytti

I would gladly take OSPFv2/OSPFv3/ISIS+SR over LDP, but I'm seeing that is
not all that is needed.

I also need some flavor of L2VPN (eVPN) and L3VPN (VPNv4/VPNv6) working
over IPv6.

IPv6 control plane this decade may yet be optimistic.

--
Tim:>