nanog mailing list archives

Re: v6 deagg

From: Brent Jones <brent () brentrjones com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:46:30 -0800

Instead, we may find network equipment vendors might ship with
larger/faster TCAM, and faster processing to handle increasing routing
table demands.
We've been hearing "the end is nigh!" for a decade, and as far as I can
tell, we are no closer to the end than when we started.
Maybe some equipment refresh cycles will increase, and some providers will
have to make a choice to upgrade sooner than later.

But, as network engineers and architects, surely we all know that nothing
is static, and growth will continue to accelerate. Better be ready, or some
of us will be left behind.