nanog mailing list archives

Re: Metaswitch ax1000 as a RR

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 10:18:50 +0200

On 5/Feb/15 22:41, David Bass wrote:
I have a client looking to implement x86 based route reflectors, and was looking at the ax1000.  I'm wondering if
anyone has implemented it yet, and what your experience has been?

Any other alternatives would also be appreciated.  This customer does standard L3 VPNs, and VPLS services so the
software has to support that.

I have spoken about our success in using Cisco's CSR1000v on ESXi on
x86_64 hardware previously on this list.

Yes, the licenses will cost you (both VMware and CSR1000v). KVM is
supported, but I haven't tried it. Suffice it to say, Cisco seem to be
putting most of their energy into ESXi.

Mark.