nanog mailing list archives

RE: Low Cost CWDM or DWDM

From: Ryan DiRocco <ryan.dirocco () totalserversolutions com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 15:19:55 +0000

We have been very happy with Adva for our DWDM ring deployments with multiple drop-add points. As always proper
engineering is critical to make sure you are taking into account the loss points from all the muxes, drop-adds, etc.

Adva's sales / engineering / and subsequent support have been fantastic.

Granted they aren't as cheap as the "low cost" ebay gear out of china but you are getting quality instead of  a
crapshoot of loss on each mux or drop/add you source.