nanog mailing list archives

Re: update

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 05:11:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014, Jim Popovitch wrote:

I *did* read that, and it doesn't change anything about what I wrote. Debian didn't make those changes for you...... Debian has never set root's shell to bash, ever. PEBKAC?

I can verify Williams settings on my Debian system that was initially installed back in 3.x days or so, probably around 2005 or thereabouts. My root shell uses bash and /bin/sh points to bash. I probably received a question about this sometime long ago when upgrading but I guess I answered no.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se