nanog mailing list archives

Re: upstream support for flowspec

From: John Kristoff <jtk () cymru com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:06:34 -0500

On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:53:52 -0400
Daniel Corbe <corbe () corbe net> wrote:

Is there anything in the air about widening the adoption base?  Cisco?
Brocade?

I've seen some suggesting that increased support, but even at Juniper,
actions seem to speak larger than words.  There seems to be very little
interest for awhile now.  However, I do know of some providers who use
it, largely internal only.

We also have tried a community flow-spec service, and more recently
have been prototyping a community RTBH server with flow-spec capability
(ping me off list if you want to hear more or see me at NANOG 62).

A few people have recently told me they would like our community RTBH
service via flow-spec instead of just BGP next hop, but really only one
seemed seriously intent on configuring it day one.

John