nanog mailing list archives

Re: Linux: concerns over systemd [OT]

From: Gregory Boyce <gregory.boyce () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 17:37:45 -0400

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Gregory Boyce <gregory.boyce () gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:17 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff () ocjtech us> wrote:
I think that Debian's plan to allow multiple init systems
(irregardless of which one is default) is a bad plan.  The non-default
ones won't get any love - at some point they'll just stop working (or
indeed, work at all).

If they break then one of two things will happen:

1) Someone will fix it.

2) No one will fix it because no one cares.  If no one cares, then it
being broken doesn't matter.

Killing off choice/alternatives just in case no one cares about them
isn't especially helpful.

Resending since my subscription was apparently a bit off.

--
Greg