nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN board accountability to network operators (was: RE: [arin-ppml] [arin-discuss] Term Limit Proposal)

From: John Curran <jcurran () arin net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:56:01 +0000

On Mar 28, 2014, at 5:27 AM, "Randy Bush" <randy () psg com> wrote:

john,

i think your attemt to move the discussion to the arin ppml list
exemplifies one core of the problem.

Randy -

I offered ppml out of respect to the nanog subscribers, that is all...

/John

and this is aside from daniel's global measurement empire.  not sure it
is a registry's job to do this, but it is a serious contribution to the
internet.

the ncc is engaged with its community on the subhects that actually
interest operators and affect our daily lives.

there is nothing of interest at an arin meeting, a bunch of junior
wannabe regulators and vigilantes making an embarrassing mess.  i've
even taken to skipping nanog, if ras talks i can watch the recording.
all the cool kids will be in warsaw.  ops vote with our feet.

ran