nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ipv4 end, its fake.

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:40:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014, Cb B wrote:

You can pay $3 per ipv4, that is your business. But, it may be worth noting
that AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, T-Mobile, TWT, Google Fiber all have have
double digit ipv6 penetration today.

To be fair:
Verizon Wireless, if you're referring to 4G LTE?  Agreed.
I don't know what the plan is for the remaining 3G services.
Verizon Enterprise (what used to be UUNET)?  Agreed.
Verizon Online (Fios, DSL)? I have to disagree. Lots of foot-dragging here.

Most carriers appear to be making IPv6 capability a requirement for their LTE buildouts. The only major US carrier that I hears was resisting IPv6 was Sprint, and I don't know if their position has changed in the past 12 months.

jms