nanog mailing list archives

Re: why IPv6 isn't ready for prime time, SMTP edition

From: Barry Shein <bzs () world std com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 23:00:36 -0400

Although that's useful for some situations it's a not at the heart of
the spam problem, or is just one small facet at best.

People you don't know, like perhaps me right now, will send you email
which isn't spam, and which presumably you're ok with receiving.

So, it's not the overriding problem with spam.