nanog mailing list archives

RE: Canada and IPv6 (& DNSSEC)

From: Jacques Latour <jacques.latour () cira ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:24:22 +0000

At .ca, we see a very low IPv6 adoption rate in .ca domains and slow progression rate. See last ~3 years trends at
www.cira.ca/radarv6

Just as an indicator, we have 316 .ca domains with IPv6 glue records :-(

***
Can the major Canadian ISP reply back with their plans/timelines/costs on IPv6 offerings for commercial and residential
services?  CIRA could compile this info somewhere for reference.
***

BTW, while at it, we have a lot of work to do for DNSSEC validation in Canada; some stats filtered with more than 4000
clients as measured early 2014 by APNIC, Geoff Huston. (thanks Geoff!)

Canada is #96   :-(

AS Name                                         Rank    ASN     Total End Clients       % DNSSEC validation
------------------------------------------------------------            ------- ------- ----------------------
TEKSAVVY-TOR TekSavvy Solutions Inc. Toronto            156     5645    4804                    82.56
COGECOWAVE - Cogeco Cable                               923     7992    5424                    17.02
ROGERS-CABLE - Rogers Cable Communications Inc. 3115    812     28884                   1.39
SHAW - Shaw Communications Inc.                 3270    6327    29083                   1.18
ASN852 - TELUS Communications Inc.                      3497    852     22994                   0.93
VIDEOTRON - Videotron Telecom Ltee                      3512    5769    9669                    0.91
BACOM - Bell Canada                                     3517    577     28392                   0.9
CANET-ASN-4 - Bell Aliant Regional Communications       3753    855     4053                    0.64

Jack