nanog mailing list archives

Re: Anyone from AS7160 (Oracle) around ? How about Inernap and Voxel ?

From: Mike Tancsa <mike () sentex net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 21:48:29 -0400

It seems Oracle is being sent bogus routing information from their PNAP
peer. They are learning, what seems to be a random subnet of prefixes
(two of which I am not even announcing-- 64.7.135.0/24 and
64.7.137.0/24) that are learned from Torix. The path that 7160 sees is

19024 29791 8001 11670 11647

The nice people at pnap actually took my call--I have had a couple in the past say, "Sorry, you are not our customer. <click>".. They found an issue with their routing engine injecting stale / bogus info into parts of their network and corrected it.

        ---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400