nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Session

From: Brandon Martin <lists.nanog () monmotha net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 04:33:43 -0400

On 07/16/2014 04:05 AM, Abuse Contact wrote:
Hi,
So I just purchased a Dedicated server from this one company and I have a
/24 IPv4 block that I bought from a company on WebHostingTalk, but I am
clueless on how to setup the /24 IPv4 block using the BGP Session. I want
to set it up to run through their network as if it was one of their IPs,
etc. I keep seeing things like iBGP (which I think means like a inner
routing BGP) and eBGP (what I'm talking about??) but I have no idea how to
set those up or which one I would need.

Just ask your hosting provider to announce it for you and route it from their border to your box?

--
Brandon Martin