nanog mailing list archives

RE: Inevitable death, was Re: Verizon Public Policy on Netflix

From: "Naslund, Steve" <SNaslund () medline com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 15:22:11 +0000

Which is their perfect right as a business.  If their service starts sucking because of it, they will not be in
business long.  The end user will quickly figure out the Netflix sucks no matter who your Internet provider is and
poof, they will be gone.  Market forces at work.

Steve

The name of the game is to decongest your network for the least amount
of money.

I disagree with some of your other points, but on this we agree.
And caching is the best way. Netflix refuses to allow it.

--Brett Glass