nanog mailing list archives

Re: paleolithic inquiry

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 12:15:14 -0400

On Jul 12, 2014, at 12:45 AM, Sean Lazar <knife () toaster net> wrote:

I think we should paint the garden shed blue...

I will say I'm starting to see a larger number of devices in the marketplace and locations where cellular data are
making sense to replace POTS as OOB.  The problem I always have is, if you are going to use it as OOB, where does it
connect back to.  Many of them want to VPN into a few points, but without knowing the ongoing state of their ip
connectivity, one doesn't want to end up as the upstream for your oob :)

You also need considerations akin to rfc2182 as well.

- Jared