nanog mailing list archives

Re: AOL Email Blocking

From: Robert Webb <rwebb () ropeguru com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:53:14 -0500

On 01/24/2014 01:14 PM, Robert Webb wrote:
A while back I enlisted help for setting up a small email list server. It is now complete but only AOL is blocking my outbound email.

Using their tools they did not report my IP as having a bad reputation. I applied for white listing my single IP and provided ALL the necessary feedback and white listing was denied.

Can anyone here point me to someone to get this fixed. It is a small private email list for a local fire department with all consenting recipients.

Robert

Thanks to everyone that has responded. The issue has been addressed and worked out. For those of you that asked, I was getting the following:

421 DYN:T1

 * The IP address you are sending from has been temporarily rate
   limited due to lack of whitelisting
   <http://postmaster.aol.com/Postmaster.Whitelist.php>, unexpected
   changes in volume, or poor IP reputation
   <http://postmaster.aol.com/Postmaster.Reputation.php>.

Robert Webb