nanog mailing list archives

Re: Where does "Downstream server error" come from?

From: Scott Howard <scott () doc net au>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 16:32:30 -0800

I've come across this error (or something very similar to it) before.  I
can't remember the exact product, but it turned out to be a transparent
SMTP proxy somewhere in the path - possibly on a UTM firewall, but I could
be wrong about that part...

Not overly helpful I know, but might point you in the right direction...

  Scott