nanog mailing list archives

Re: IXP + government transparency report

From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 15:21:13 -0500

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Bill Woodcock <woody () pch net> wrote:

On Jan 6, 2014, at 11:52 AM, Martin Hannigan <hannigan () gmail com> wrote:

As well as being first to be open-ix certified, I think LINX hit a second
first that is as interesting;

https://www.linx.net/service/publicpeering/novafiles/nova-usgov-reports.html

…and is this function being conducted completely without dependencies
inside the U.S.?

Bill,

 OIX certified organizations must provide an accurate and monthly report on
Government Information Requests and actions taken related to the requests.
You can see an example here http://xmission.com/transparency

With regards to Patriot 215 and FISA 701, there are recommendations for
warrant canaries. Obviously, much trickier.

I think the point is about leadership and taking small, but giant, steps. I
hope that everyone in the infrastructure follows this lead and does exactly
the same thing.

Best,

-M<