nanog mailing list archives

Re: Ebay/Paypal blocking HTTP access based on SORBS DUHL / Spamhaus PBL

From: Merike Kaeo <merike () doubleshotsecurity com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:47:01 -0700

On Aug 21, 2014, at 12:51 PM, Tarko Tikan <tarko () lanparty ee> wrote:

hey,

My home IP is in both the PBL and the SORBS DUL and I have no trouble
using ebay or paypal.

Thanks for confirmation.

Given that the problem range is in Estonia, I expect that it's some
combination of abuse from the specific range and general issues with
traffic from Estonia.

What makes you say that? Any specific examples of trouble you are getting from Estonian networks?

Yeah - funny…it's been years since I heard of specific Estonian issues (and caveat - I am estonian and know
Tarko).  Back in 2007 there were plenty of problems but many have been cleaned up.  Some took a few years.

Tarko - have you got this resolved yet?  If not, send me private email and I'll get you connected with additional people
who may be able to help.

- merike