nanog mailing list archives

Re: where to go to understand DDoS attack vector

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () arbor net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 20:05:10 +0700

On Aug 26, 2014, at 7:18 PM, Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () meetinghouse net> wrote:

Can you say a bit more about what I might look for in trying to track this down?

Fuzz your IPMI boards?

;>

My guess is that this is going to come to light sooner rather than later.  We're getting reports of other DDoS attacks
which seem to match this scenario involving IPMI boards.

There's no real reason to try and track it down, from an operational standpoint, is there>  Management-plane things
like IMPI boards shouldn't be open to the general Internet; put them behind ACLs and use a VPN.  Problem solved.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () arbor net> // <http://www.arbornetworks.com>

                   Equo ne credite, Teucri.

                          -- Laocoön