nanog mailing list archives

Re: Optical Transport Platform

From: "Eric Flanery (eric)" <eric () flanery us>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 16:14:30 -0700

I've been really happy with the Fiberstore muxes/demuxes, although I'm
using CWDM not DWDM.

They do the job, are entirely passive (no power needed), perform well (real
world losses seem to match the test reports to a tee), seem solid enough,
and this sort of stuff doesn't get any cheaper (that I've found).

If you are looking for a 'platform', with _any_ sort of bells or whistles,
they aren't what you are looking for. but, if you just want a cheap way to
squeeze multiple channels onto a strand or two, they rock.

--Eric