nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Serious bug in ubiquitous OpenSSL library: "Heartbleed"

From: Maxim Khitrov <max () mxcrypt com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 08:14:33 -0400

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:35 AM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:
I'm really surprised no one has mentioned this here yet...

we're all to damned busy updating and generating keys

you might like (thanks smb, or was it sra)

openssl s_client -connect google\.com:443  -tlsextdebug 2>&1| grep 'server extension "heartbeat" (id=15)' || echo safe

That just tells you whether the heartbeat extension is supported.
Google servers are not vulnerable to this attack.

- Max