nanog mailing list archives

Re: nanog bug contact

From: Shrdlu <shrdlu () deaddrop org>
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 20:12:59 -0700

On 9/2/2013 7:27 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
so i wrote to the old action () nanog org and nanog-action () nanog org and
both bounced.  i wrote to a friend at amsl and they said "nanog lists
are handled by nanog."  so here is the public whine.

the archive at http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/ seems not to
have rolled on 2013.09.01 (gmt, edt, or whatever).  and i can not find
recent (sept) messages in the archive so i can point to them as a url.

randy

oh, and enjoy hitting the link "You can get more information about this
list." at the top pf the archive page

It may be that they've broken all sorts of things. I received an email
earlier, entitled as follows:

"mailman.nanog.org mailing list memberships reminder"

Ugh. I would never, ever, keep a setting on mailman that sent out those
annoying reminder things, where (among other things) it tells you your
"password" (such as it is). Then I noticed that something must have been
resent, since the password showing was not one I would have chosen. Oh,
but wait, there's more.

Upon using the link provided:

http://mailman.nanog.org/mailman/options/members/shrdlu%40deaddrop.org

I encounter the following error:

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.15

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing
of traceback and other system information has been explicitly
inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman
error logs.

Oh, be still my beating heart. I received this for the "members"
mailing list, but I suspect that if they broke one thing, they broke
multiples. BTW, I checked on the regular link for all nanog lists:

http://mailman.nanog.org/mailman/options/nanog

Same error. Please fix this. Consider not making updates without tests.

Thanks ever so.

--
(Time to read True Names again, I suppose.)
True Names...and Other Dangers by Vernor Vinge