nanog mailing list archives

Re: If you're on LinkedIn, and you use a smart phone...

From: Wayne E Bouchard <web () typo org>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 01:17:18 -0700

There's a reason I use an email alias if I sign up to places like
that and why I do not place much information on these sites...

There's a reason I maintain somewhere approaching 20 passwords in my
head too and why the password I use for accessing my own systems will
never be the password I use to access a system neither I nor my
employer control.

It's just common sense.

Remember, the greatest threat to your privacy and security is YOU! How
many of us go about detailing every aspect of our lives on facebook or
twitter or something and, if someone is of a mind to comb through it,
in the process self-disclose everything necessary for someone to
basically become us? The hackers/corporate scrapers don't even really
*HAVE* to try to thieve information anymore. We give it to them all
without them even asking!

-Wayne