nanog mailing list archives

RE: Data Center Installations

From: Jamie Bowden <jamie () photon com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 12:01:51 +0000

From: Warren Bailey [mailto:wbailey () satelliteintelligencegroup com]

Do any of you have a "go to" resource for materials used in installations? Tie
wraps, cable management, blahblahblah?

I have found several places, but I'm curious to know what the nanog ninja's
have to say.

I use Graybar for the most part.  If it's something small or easy, MicroCenter probably has it, but when I need a
couple thousand feet of cat[5|5e|6|whatever], a bag of 500 cable ties, a box RJ-48s, etc., it's straight to Graybar.
If it's not already on the shelf they can get it quick and their pricing is pretty good.

--
Jamie Bowden            (jamie () photon com)
Sr. Sys. Admin.         (703) 243-6613 x3848