nanog mailing list archives

RE: A bit of historical news

From: "Justin M. Streiner" <streiner () cluebyfour org>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 14:31:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 31 May 2013, David Hubbard wrote:

Not holding my breath on that; been complaining to my VZ
rep for v6 on fios for two years now since we have it in
several remote locations and the most he could find for
me as of last month was:

"Verizon's First Office Application (FOA) is planned for
deployment in Tampa, FL in May of 2012. During this time,
Verizon will establish Dual Stack support on two E320
Gateway routers and 200 FiOS customers will be installed
with IPv6 enabled BHRs.

As far as I can tell, this never occurred so we seem to
be a year late."

I keep pressing people at VZ on this, in hopes of getting some grease for this squeaky wheel, but so far... no go. I just got fios this past summer, and the router they provided does support v6. I've messed around with a tunnel to Hurricane Electric, but haven't had much time to figure out why it doesn't work.

jms