nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cloudflare, and the 120Gbps DDOS "that almost broke the Internet"

From: Warren Bailey <wbailey () satelliteintelligencegroup com>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 19:29:14 +0000

As cyberbunker stops killing spamhaus and goes after Gilmore.. I think
these are the guys who used to colo HavenCo after they burnt their
platform down? I'm not sure how I feel about Cloudflare comparing being
packeted to a nuclear bomb? After the packeting drys up, is there really
total devastation? Seems to me it would better to compare it to something
like a giant traffic jam
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_National_Highway_110_traffic_jam) not
miles of land completely wiped out with zero hope of salvage? Unless cisco
has implemented a mechanism to melt a router when the traffic exceeds
100gbps? ;)