nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open Resolver Problems

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 15:38:20 +0000

On 26/03/2013 15:06, Alain Hebert wrote:
    And why not targeting all that animosity to the peers allowing
source IP spoofing?

I do - and I gave a bunch of talks in europistan over the last 12 months
which included explicit encouragement, practice and configuration for
implementing BCP38 as part of real-time black hole system deployment.

    DNS Servers don't attack you, people letting their customers spoof
source IP do.

DNS amp packets attack me.  Please stop them from leaving your network, and
I will both implement BCP38 and encourage others to do so. Thank you.

Nick