nanog mailing list archives

Re: Class E addresses in the wild

From: Buz Dale <buzdale () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:39:56 -0400

It's in our Martians ACL but we left it off of a couple of new border
connections and saw a good bit of it forwarded to us since Wednesday from
multiple ISPs.
Fixed now but still curious.
Thanks,
Buz

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM, George Herbert <george.herbert () gmail com>wrote:

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM, cb.list6 <cb.list6 () gmail com> wrote:
I am pretty sure Class E is completely defunct and not used anywhere
since Cisco and Juniper routers do not forward the packets (circa 2008
testing) and no known host accept it as a valid address, AFAIK.

Both the net and host sides of this are trivially repairable problems,
even for crazy cellphone network operators.  As long as you have host
source code and a network vendor you can demand custom patches
from....

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert () gmail com