nanog mailing list archives

Re: What Should an Engineer Address when 'Selling' IPv6 to Executives?

From: David Barak <thegameiam () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 10:32:37 -0700 (PDT)

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>

Dual stack is a (very) temporary solution while waiting for some others to catch
up and deploy IPv6. Contemplating dual-stack as a permanent or long-term
solution ignores the extent to which IPv4 is utterly unsustainable at this point.
Owen

Owen, when do you think IPv4 is going to go away to the point that it will no longer be necessary to carry it?  We may
be using "long-term" to mean different things, so I'm curious to see what you mean by that.

David Barak
Need Geek Rock?  Try The Franchise:
http://www.listentothefranchise.com