nanog mailing list archives

Re: ARIN WHOIS for leads

From: Mark Gauvin <MGauvin () dryden ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 20:18:45 -0500

Lol yet we can't use the side cutters cause we all report to the corporate overlords

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013-07-26, at 8:18 PM, "Jon Lewis" <jlewis () lewis org> wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, Larry Stites wrote:

NANOG : network operators are precisely those who directly assisted in
creating the 'magic lamp' and the cork which held the marketing Jeanie
inside. The same operators who took the cork out and rubbed the 'magic
lamp'... The Jeanie is now out of the bottle and you all are complaining
about it, all the while creating new magic, more lamps and more
Jeanie's... Go figure. NANOG complaining about being harassed by the
marketing technologies it has created...

We're also the people at the controls, and the people holding the wire
cutters (physical and virtual), so we're not a good demographic to piss
off.

 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route