nanog mailing list archives

Re: Google's QUIC

From: Darius Jahandarie <djahandarie () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 14:40:03 -0400

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi> wrote:
On (2013-06-29 23:36 +0100), Tony Finch wrote:

Reminds me of MinimaLT: http://cr.yp.to/tcpip/minimalt-20130522.pdf

Now that I read separate 'QUIC Crypto' page. It sounds bit of a deja vu.

QUIC also uses Curve25519 pubkey and Salsa20 cipher, which is hard to
attribute as chance, considering both are DJB's work, both are used by his
NaCl library and by extension by MinimaLT. Neither is particularly common
algorithm.

Taking into consideration these are the best algorithms in their class
currently, it would be more surprising to me if they weren't used.

--
Darius Jahandarie