nanog mailing list archives

Re: gTLDs opened up

From: Michael Brown <michael () supermathie net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 16:26:34 -0400

On 13-07-11 04:08 PM, Alex Buie wrote:
Am I missing something, or is that purporting to be an IPv4 address
beginning with 478?
Heh... it seems as though they mistyped '*78.47.115.194*' there.

      > 7 - How to distinguish between identical TLDs?

Within the Icann framework, names such as: tube.com, tube.net,
tube.org, etc. allow in principle to differentiate different domains
under the same name.

Within the open root framework, if there are several .tube, one will
distinguish them according to the root being activated.

Wait... so 'open root' isn't a single alternative root namespace? It's
different depending on... near as I can tell which part of the planet
you're in?

Or is the product multiple independent roots... are you buying your own
'.' tree or a 'tld.' tree?

Clearly, this will work?

Is this the future? "Visit my site at
http://fluttershy.turgid.wonka.^78.47.115.194/index.go";

--
Michael Brown            | The true sysadmin does not adjust his behaviour
Systems Administrator    | to fit the machine.  He adjusts the machine