nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPV6 in enterprise best practices/white papaers

From: Eugeniu Patrascu <eugen () imacandi net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 00:09:51 +0200

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM, Mukom Akong T. <mukom.tamon () gmail com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Eugeniu Patrascu <eugen () imacandi net>
wrote:

I thought about running pure IPv6 inside and do 6to4, but it's too
much of a headache,

Nice call (skipping 6to4)

not to mention that not all the internal equipment
knows about IPv6 - L2 switches, some terminal servers and so on.

Does an L2 switch really care about IPv6? (except for stuff like DHCPv6
snooping, etc?)

It doesn't, I was talking about management IP addresses (for example
HP2510 only uses IPv4 management addresses).

Eugeniu