nanog mailing list archives

Re: OOB core router connectivity wish list

From: Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:00:57 +0200

On (2013-01-10 08:57 -0500), Jared Mauch wrote:

I am very much against USB consoles.  there can be a whole plethora of issues involved from OS-level to the
device-level.  When I'm on the console, things have already gone bad.  I don't need to find out if the vendor has the
right 'entitlement' established for me to download and load the driver or anything else..

I'm certainly not rooting for USB console, I don't want to fix broken
solution with another broken solution.
I'm all for Ethernet OOB (true OOB, not fate-sharing control-plane),
exactly like CMP in Cisco.

--
  ++ytti