nanog mailing list archives

Re: SDN - Killer Apps

From: Peter Phaal <peter.phaal () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:13:00 -0800

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 2:10 AM, Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi> wrote:
On (2013-02-25 13:53 +0530), Glen Kent wrote:

I understand that this is just some bit of what we can do with SDN. The
amount of what all can be done is limitless. So, a question to all out
there - Is my understanding of what can be achieved with SDN, is correct?

Frankly I don't think there is single answer.

From my point of view I don't see much use for it as general purpose SP.

There is potential for balancing to be a killer application for SDN in
the service provider space:

http://blog.sflow.com/2013/02/sdn-and-large-flows.html

What do people think?