nanog mailing list archives

Re: Quantifying the value of customer support

From: Peter Kristolaitis <alter3d () alter3d ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:49:13 -0500

You need to talk to your marketing/sales department and have them figure out how many existing clients you would retain by maintaining the current level of service, how many clients you would lose with lower quality of service, and how many clients you would attract with better service. From that, you can figure out a rough ROI for your department.

This isn't a fundamentally technical question, it's a marketing & sales one. You can have the best service ever, but if your company is unable to attract or retain clients (whether due to your company's PR reputation, market saturation, or whatever), it doesn't matter.

- Pete