nanog mailing list archives

Re: Global caches

From: fredrik danerklint <fredan-nanog () fredan se>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:46:08 +0100

When I did post the following, I did not, as it turns out, have good documentation of how TLMC actually works.

I do hope that what I've done during these days, can describe TLMC better than the current website can.

So there is a file called 'document packages' on the site right now. (tlmc-20130207-r1.tar.gz)

The file 'TLMC.OVERVIEW' should, hopefully, get you an better idea of how TLMC works.

The complete DNS server for both the CSP and the ISP is included as well as the plug-in for the Traffic Server (which is required to let
end user/customer to cache the content at their home).

Does anybody know of any other CDN providers that offer similar caches?

Yes.

The Last Mile Cache.

http://tlmc.fredan.se

It's an completely open solution for everybody, both the ISP (Internet
Service Provider) and CSP (Content Service Provider).

--
//fredan