nanog mailing list archives

Re: Can OLTs separate port management by admin user?

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 11:49:56 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Taylor" <tom.taylor.stds () gmail com>

At the standards level, ANCP was designed to allow partitioning like
that. however, work on applying ANCP (Access Network Control Protocol)
to PON is just going through the IESG now, so the probability that
it's implemented in the Calix devices is remote.

So, that's pushing the control stuff into an API and adding AAA?

Cause I'd be happy with multi-user auth on the CLI, and assigning an 'owner'
to each port...

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com