nanog mailing list archives

Re: turning on comcast v6

From: David Conrad <drc () virtualized org>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 21:37:35 -0800

On Dec 30, 2013, at 9:29 PM, Victor Kuarsingh <victor () jvknet com> wrote:
I think a new initiative to revive this concept will need to address the
[negative] points from those previous experiences and contrast them to the
operational benefits of having it available.  I am willing to help out
here, but we need some folks willing to put the use cases together which
make a strong case (oh and they will need email stamina).

Or, alternatively, operators who care about this and vendors who are interested in accepting money to implement what
the operators want could get together and form, oh I dunno, the Internet DHCP Task Force, which could specify/implement
the standard way of solving this particular problem...

Regards,
-drc