nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vyatta to VyOS

From: Rhys Rhaven <rhys () rhavenindustrys com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 15:53:48 -0600

This is great. I've been using Vyatta for a long while, but the constant bugs and the lack of turnaround on fixing them was really sad. With my lovely sales rep Erica calling me up every now and again trying to sell more licenses, in the way only soulless sales drones can. Extract money from the customer, disregard all complaints and requests for fixing of simple bugs. I was asking for the puppet/chef modules for Vyatta devices for 2 years and finally ended up using their unsupported CLI api to do part of it myself. That kind of automation is a huge chunk of SDN.

I'm curious if VyOS will support "vPlane," which under Broadcom they seem to have finally shipped.
http://www.brocade.com/downloads/documents/at_a_glance/brocade-vyatta-5600vrouter-aag.pdf

http://dpdk.org/