nanog mailing list archives

Re: Catalyst IOS refresher site?

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:59:30 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Bresley" <brez () brezworks com>

Might help if you said what type of line cards and sup you've got. A
SupII era card is CatOS, SupIII and newer are IOS, command sets are
completely different, and depending on the line cards you've got, you
might have some of the really old L2 only cards (can't remember if you
could do L3 on the bastard Gig/FE cards only, or if it was dependent
on the particular Sup installed). That said, if it's an IOS Sup, I'd
start here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/prod_command_reference_list.html

Hmm.  I wasn't smart enough to shoot a pic of the front panel, and I'm
not picking it up til Monday, so I don't know.  I have some background
in Catalyst IOS, but it's old and on 3500-class switches, not the
bigger iron.

Thanks,
-- jra
--
Make Election Day a federal holiday: http://wh.gov/lBm94  100k sigs by 12/14

Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com