nanog mailing list archives

Re: Vancouver IXP - VanTX - BCNet

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 14:05:08 +0900

As you may know CIRA has been working with groups across Canada to
establish new IXPs.

wow!  i thought there were a lot of ixps, torix, vantx, ...

are these open, neutral, ixps, a la six etc?  or big players trying to
save the internet from itself?

would some of the *local* providers in the areas who actually use the
cira ixen care to report on the experience?

When we started this work, we didn't know that Vancouver already had
an IXP

in depth research, eh?

 We and BCNet are planning a town hall style meeting in late September,
tentatively September 26, to talk about the IXP needs of the Vancouver
area.

why are all my alarms going off?

randy