nanog mailing list archives

RE: IP allocations / bogon - verification

From: Leo Vegoda <leo.vegoda () icann org>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 11:28:55 -0700

Hi,

Kenny Kant wrote:

[...]

However I still have some customers having issues hitting a number of
financial related websites ..etc and I assume its because of bogons
..etc

66/8 was allocated to ARIN some 13 years ago and 66.185.0.0/20 seem to
have been allocated to JAB Wireless a little over a year after that. I'd
be surprised if your problems are due to people not updating old bogon
filters. A dozen years is long enough that that kind of basic error
sounds unlikely.

But I'd be fascinated - if somewhat disturbed - to be proved wrong...

Regards,

Leo