nanog mailing list archives

Re: BGP Route Issues

From: Blake Dunlap <ikiris () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 21:42:24 -0500

Local Pref (which is common by the way to be set so customers > peers >
transit). AS Path doesn't beat it.
 You can only request people follow the routes you want ingress, there's
nothing you can do to force them to take a path to you short of
deaggregation, and that only works until they notice it, and it irratates
the rest of the world as well by using additional route slots.

Poor routing is purely a viewpoint problem, not necessarily in agreement
between all parties.

-Blake