nanog mailing list archives

Re: BCP38 tester?

From: Jima <nanog () jima us>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 22:36:17 -0600

On 2013-03-31 08:48, Jay Ashworth wrote:
Is there a program which users can run on an end-site workstation which
would test whether they are being some link which is doing BCP38, or some
related type of source-address ingress filtering?

I don't have a canned solution, but I've had good luck testing with nmap (-S and -e are relevant) while running tcpdump (and filtering for the protocols/ports) on a remote host. I can happily report that someplace upstream of my home connection is doing some filtering -- nice. I still need to test at work.

     Jima