nanog mailing list archives

Fiber cut in SF Bay Area?

From: Robert Glover <robertg () garlic com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:45:44 -0700

Hello,

I'm only posting this here because the Outages list appears to be broken.

I've got confirmed reports (from Cogent and Megapath) that there is a fiber cut affecting service through the South Bay.

We have Cogent fiber circuits down in Campbell and San Martin. In San Martin, AT&T cell phones have no service whatsoever, DSL service is spotty. Landline and DSL service in Gilroy is almost completely gone. We know of a Cogent fiber link in Campbell that is down as well.

Anyone have any additional info?

-Robert

Anyone have any further details? The issue seems to have started around 1:00am PDT or so.

-Robert