nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon DSL moving to CGN

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike () swm pp se>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 05:29:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013, Matthew Kaufman wrote:

I'd love to see a CGN box that is cheaper than IPv4 addresses currently are on the transfer market.

That depends on what you think the prices are for IPv4 addresses and what you think the prices are for CGN boxes. At the prices I'm hearing, it's cheaper to CGN 50k users (or more) than to purchase IPv4 addresses.

Otoh, ARIN isn't exhausted yet so getting IPv4 addresses there should still be a lot cheaper than doing CGN?

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike () swm pp se