nanog mailing list archives

Re: Angled Polish Connectors and DWDM

From: ML <ml () kenweb org>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 11:08:58 -0400

On 9/30/2012 6:14 AM, Aaron Glenn wrote:
  sent mostly towards the cladding and not the core and therefore.
Indeed. I have always held the idea that APC connectors induced
greater chromatic and/or polarization mode dispersion -- yet can't
find any resources that claim so, nor does that fit in with my working
mental model of how light propagates. Just something I picked up
during the hellish days of trying to deploy 10GbE before it was cool;
now I'd like to know if it is grounded in any science (-:

Thanks
aaron

Just tossing this in here.  I don't claim to know either way.

On the current project I'm working on all of the panels are LC-APC. This seems to have not been a problem for our DWDM vendor, who we have been working very closely with, and I assume know about our use of APC.
So far our PMD testing has come back clear.